Saddle up and ride along with me through these 10 completely random horse facts.
1. Horses can’t vomit.
2. A group of horses will not go to sleep at the same time. At least one of them will stay awake to look out for the others.
3. A real horse head was used in the movie “Godfather”, not a prop. John Marley was not informed beforehand, so his scream was authentic.
4. A horse’s brain only weighs around 22 ounces, making it just half the weight of a human brain.
5. Zebras and horses can breed with each other. Their offspring is called a ‘zebroid’.
6. In certain countries, including France, horse meat is considered a delicacy. Although it’s illegal in several other countries, the French enjoy eating horse heart and horse brains. Tatsy.
7. Horses can run within hours after birth.
8. The “Guide Horse Foundation” provides blind people with specially trained miniature horses in place of guide-dogs.
9. Horses produce approximately 10 gallons of saliva a day.
10. If a horse has a red ribbon on its tail, stay back! It kicks!