Netflix is one of the world’s most popular subscription and video streaming services. I love it to death but I’m still a little irritated that they pulled King of the Hill without my permission. Below are 10 facts about Netflix you probably didn’t know. Enjoy!
1. Netflix has 98.3 Million subscribers
2. The idea behind Netflix came in 1997 after the CEO was charged $40 for a late VHS copy of Apollo 13.
3. Netflix was established in 1997 which makes it older than Google which was founded in 1998.
4. In 2000, Netflix was offered to Blockbuster for $50 million who declined the offer. Netflix is currently worth $20 billion and Blockbuster is… not.
5. Netflix is available in nearly 50 countries.
6. New Netflix employees start at around $18 an hour. I seriously need to rethink my career choice.
7. Netflix employees are allowed to take as many vacation days as they want.
8. Netflix uses disguised warehouses and unmarked trucks for security purposes.
9. . Netflix employs a team of “taggers” who are paid to watch Netflix and tag the content.
10. In 2014 Netflix spent $0 on marketing its DVD rental business and 6 million people still used it.